Can I get a sample already compiled?

Feb 7, 2008 at 3:12 AM
I see the source, but as a not so big fan of big and scary dev tools I simply would like to get some samples that already have what I need in them that would likely fit the needs of what most others want anyway.

The most important one I'd like to see.... I'd like to actually see the auditingturnedon.wsp file in the releases on this codeplex site. I'd want it to turn on this setting on all site collections on all web apps, no exceptions. That's what I'm looking for in consistency.
  • One with all the auditing settings turned on except for view (to capture the best of the best.)

I bet others would like to see compiled examples as well.

Joel
Coordinator
Feb 7, 2008 at 11:15 PM
The code is already compiled. You just need to run setup.bat, at which point package is created and deployed to SharePoint server.
To make the changes you are asking for AppConfig.xml needs to be edited with required switches turned on. Next step would be to run setup.bat - and you are done.
Feb 8, 2008 at 12:01 AM
The installation instructions don't seem to coincide with the installation files provided. It talks about using spadmin to install the solution whereas the zip contains a setup.bat. And the instructions don't give much directions regarding when/how/where to edit the appconfig.xml file or how to activate the features for MOSS. Could we get a more complete administrator guilde?